Sunday, April 09, 2006

God's An aWeSoMe God!

Well, here I am again! Last post wasn't very long ago. And considering that David' be the only one reading this, I wouldn’t think it matters much since we talk pretty much on msn anyway.
But still, I would rather think of this as a reminder of God's faithfulness and the grace that He's shown to me. Indeed, God is extremely gracious...

Isn't it funny how sometimes, we can be on a spiritual high for a moment, and be blatantly sinning right after? Or how we can have an encounter with God and feel as though we'll die for God and awhile later, your back to the routine life and entrusting your own abilities?
Well, I guess we all go through that at some point or another.

Personally, I haven't been living a very God centred life these past months. It all started with retreat. The spiritual high went on for a pretty decent time I must say. But as school came about, and time became sacred, I find myself falling away from God, slowly, but still falling.

And eventually, it comes a time when I’m depending on myself and what I can do as an individual rather then God’s grace. So I end up stressing myself and being all spiritually dry, doing my QT rarely and just wasting my time away. And in the mist of all this, I would have just got eaten up by the momentum of it all if it wasn’t for God.

After all I’ve done wrong, it amazes me how gracious God really is. And to be truthful about it, I could go through God’s grace again and again and it’ll still amaze me. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it, such a precious and wonderful thing.

And that’s what happened to me. During that week, I’ve finally decided that I couldn’t go on living a life ignoring God and taking Him for granted since He’s always been there. And that’s good I must say. But one important thing I’ve learnt through this experience is that we are never strong enough to do anything by ourselves. How true it is. I planned everything out, a study timetable, time for QT, steeled myself to live a holy life. But when crunch time came, I just totally and absolutely failed. Ended up doing things I shouldn’t do, sinning all the time, contaminating myself horribly.

And it was at that point of desperation where I had no hope except for God, when I was ever so vulnerable to whatever influence that may come my way, when I was in most need of help, God mercifully, helped me. And as I look back right now, I realise that at that moment, no amount of human help would be able to restore me the way Jesus has. Perhaps they could salvage what was left of me, but compared to the fullness I’ve received from Jesus, it just makes me realise how much more gracious God is. Perhaps you’re feeling that the word ‘gracious’ is overly used. But that’s my point of emphasis. Cause that is what God is.

Now, how did God help me? When no human help could do anything? Well, He made me realise how blessed I am for one thing. I had been talking to a few friends lately. And there was a certain friend of mine who had a spiritual trouble in his life. It was so ‘screwed up’ in a sense that I didn’t know what to do. Personally, I’ve went through that phase of before, which is the phase of doubtfulness. It’s like, you just don’t know whether God’s real anymore and whether you’ve been lied to for years. Perhaps it’s all a big giant cover up. But it’s not true really. And just by talking to that friend of mine, and seeing how God had worked in my life to bring me from what I was before to what I am now, then we get reminded of God’s power and know how miserable we really are. We can’t live without God. I know that I can’t. And God has really guided me through that phase of doubtfulness. And having experienced it before, I beseech all Christians who are reading this to pray with me for this friend, which, for privacy purpose, will remain anonymous. But I’m sure you would have heard from one of your friends in PLCMC.

Well, so let me continue with my log. So the first event was seeing myself in the exact same situation my anonymous friend is going through. But it doesn’t end there though. Cause then I had a talk with a non believer classmate who’s sister, is seeing things and wanting to jump out of the building and all. It’s really depressing to have such a problem. And it just makes me wonder, what would I do if I were in that situation? And what my friend could have done. My conclusion was to turn to God for help. But if you don’t know God, who then, will you turn to help? It’s just so depressing really. Now you see? Without God, I would have no hope, and without hope, there is no life. So you could just go die or something. That’s what I would have done. Life would have been pointless for me. How glad I am to have known Jesus as my Lord and saviour!

Well, for the sake of that friend, I hope that he’ll come believe in Christ and be saved. I guess that’s the driving force we get to carry our the ministry of reconciliation. Cause we as Christians whom have had a taste of what God’s like, would want to share the same feeling to everyone, Christians or not. It’s just so amazing that it’s nearly impossible to keep it to yourself.

May the fire of God continue to burn in our hearts.

But I guess, there’s a kind of pattern throughout all this. Once in awhile, especially so in Singapore where everything’s all comfortable and stuff, spiritual blatancy becomes a problem in our lives. Maybe it’s because we start thinking that we don’t need God when we’re doing well, or perhaps we’re too busy to have time for God. And at a time like that, we really need to be reminded, not just by word, cause we ALL know it already, but experienced it once again to know the true essence of what we already know. We forget all the benefits God has blessed us with many a time. In fact, we think it’s something that is due to us!

And so, whoever you are, if you have not known Christ as your Lord and saviour, come and know Him now! You will definitely not regret knowing Him. In fact, on much contrary to that, you’ll regret NOT knowing Him sooner!

And to all Christians out there, keep on persevering! God’s always there for us!
FOOTPRINTS

‘When you saw only one set of footprints in the sand,
It was then that I carried you.’

So even when you feel as though God’s not there or He has abandoned you, hold onto His promises, and that is that He’ll never forsake you! And NO ONE will be able to snatch you out from His hands! Same verse as before, same message, but how so very true!! ^ ^

''My sheep hear my voice.
I know them,
and they follow me.
I give them eternal life.
and they shall never perish.
No one shall snatch them out of my hand.''

-John 10:27-28


Have faith in God, always. Trust Him with all your hearts. =)

Word of the Day; 10:00 PM