Friday, May 19, 2006

Boring!!

Ok, so i've been through 2 days of MT intensive program and gosh it's BORING!! Well of course it is, especially when you don't have to go for it. Spent yesterday and today literally stoning outside the library. It was fun for the first few minutes or so, then it just got mundane. Managed to do some studying for biology though. Clocked 7 hours of studying. Not bad huh? Ever since I got C5 for biology...
Come to think of it, I never did get C5 for bio before. Infact, I was horrified when I got B3 for the SECOND time in my life. But C5? Ohhhh no you don't.. well, there goes my high score of straight A1s in my life.
Anyhow, my MT intensive studying have turned into a Science and Maths intesive revision period. Only thing is, I don't seem to be doing my revision intensively. Say for example, today. Spent the whole day sleeping outside the library and just killing time. Truely the epitome of all boringness.
Worst thing is that I forgot to bring my iPod, which just made it even more boring. Well, I didn't really forget... more of not having time to grab the iPod charging in my sister's room since I was almost late. Reached there just in time. Whew. Don't fancy another hour or two in the detention room on top of the few hours of intensive boredom.
And it also really doesn't help if you have someone smacking your head when your trying to sleep so that time will seem to fly past faster. Heh? Kai an!
Oh, and then there was the NE quiz yesterday. Only got a senior builder. How irritating. Fortunately, I had time to do the quiz a second time. It's sorta like a computer game where you build up your asset value by building buildings around Singapore using the captial you earn from answering 70 questions correct. 20 hard NE questions worth 9000 each I think. And then there's the medium and 30 'easy' questions worth 5000 and 2000 each respectively.
Yeah, so I got senior builder for the first time and was pretty dissatisfied with it. My second try earned me lots and lots of captial cause.. hey, with your friends around and having done it the first time, how hard can it get huh? Yeah. Ended up with 100 000++ cash to build up my country. Super happy then. I thought it was pratically inexhustable. So wrong...
Well, it so happens that I was looking at the woodlands area of Singapore, so hey! Might as well develope everything there huh? Ended up building a kalong and the singapore zoo which cost like... 60 k? or was it 80 k? Yeah. So my asset value was like... 1000+ which is just pathatic considering I got 2000+ the first time around. Stupid!! I totally forgot about building the right buildings!! So I ended up building a Zoo, a Kalong and some dumb hotel instead of religious and racial landmarks or Tan Tock Seng hospital. That gave me an asset value of 1000 instead of like... 500 for Keppel Harbour which is SO much cheaper then the dumb ZOO worth 50 or something. Gah. Good thing I managed to get enough money to build Changi airport though. But it's still super sad.
So my Singapore ended up having a very big hotel, a bigger zoo, one airport and a kalong. Yeah! No wonder I got Junior builder. And I was aiming for expert builder!! Or master even! That's like 6000+ asset value btw.
( P.s. I can't remember whether it's 6000 or 600 000 or 60 000. But it's 60 something. But the comparison is correct throughout. Ie, if it's 600 000, add 2 zeros to the rest of my asset values. )
Yepp. Well it's raining now. More like pouring really. Wanted to go to east coast today. Good thing I didn't. ^^

Word of the Day; 1:38 PM