Saturday, July 01, 2006

Amazing Grace indeed!

Back from cell. Well, technically speaking it was like 4 hours ago. But nothing interesting really happened between then and now. But something really interesting happened during cell though..

I didn't really intend to go for CG anyway. MM's. Not M&M but PLCMM. Yar, so I went through the typical usual saturday, or so I though. As usual, I woke up at 8 O clock, not usually went back to sleep cuz my feet hurt and I slept through to 8.30+, not usually again to go bath and stuff till 9.30 which is like... the time where worship practise starts. Strange though, so perhaps it wasn't such a usual day after all. Reached PLCMC at 10.30 and they were going through the last song, so I didn't do much drumming. Just sat there feeling guilty and stuff. Gah.

OK, then after worship pract, I wanted to go home to study[yes I do study], but James managed to convince me to go to CG, which was a good thing I guess. Ate with him, bought a 2 scoop ice cream cup and a durian 'fresh fruit mix' which consist of some durian paste thing, the type you find on top of ice kachangs, blended ice and sago jelly like stuff at the bottom.

So as usual, waited for James, but not at macs since we didn't eat there for once cuz he was totally sick of it and so was I. Ended up waiting at some bench eating my ice cream and waiting for him while smsing, looking at the nice playground infront of me and seeing my durian ice blend melt under the sun. And it tasted gross too. Never buy it. [Serangoon central]

James returned from his piano lesson 15 minutes later, which means he was PRETTY late for it. Then we headed towards his house for cell group. And besides all the side fun stuff like going there to slack and play the PS2 as well as getting totally hooted up in starwars, the cell itself was pretty unique.

So the serious part comes. I didn't expected much from cell, but I just went there with an open heart, waiting to see what would happen. So it started as usual, people moving all over the place talking and stuff while James did his last minute worship preparation. But we can't blame him cuz he didn't receive the sms.

He was like rummaging through all his files, school papers etc, to find his song file, but to no avail. I so happen to be with him in his room and I saw this paper with a few songs with the chords and stuff all in it, so I suggested he took that, and he did. Out of the 4 songs then, he chose two, 'Jesus, lover of my soul' and 'Empower me'

And then things just progressively happened.













Ok, so we sang finished the song, and Grace, our cell leader, asked whether the song touched anyone. And keep in mind that this is MM youths we're talking about. If you don't know what that means and really want to find out, find me.
Anyway, everyone kept quiet for like... a pretty long time. But then my sister suddenly said, 'Yeah it did touch me' and she started eleborating. And then, one by one, a few of us starting giving our views and the whole cell was on the topic of double-mindedness and how we need to let go to the things that hold us and make us fall etc... basically, it's something like that of the topic during the retreat, but at a much more serious and pressing as well as impromtu and less organised way.

But the point is, I really didn't expect that to happen. It would be what I call, a revival in MM youth. Thank God. And there were like talks of visions seen during the week, impression laid on people and confirmation made to those visions and impressions laid in the different people.

Here are the three visions in summary, w/o interpretation since it would take very long.

Basically, Haichong's vision saw a group of people, a large group, crying out behind a door. That was during prayer cell at wednesday, in the music room. And he also saw a smaller group of people inside a room, but they are not opening the door to the people who are crying out outside.

On the same day, rachel saw a vision of a man with a halo. There was two sides, one darkness, and the other, light. The man was walking in the middle of it. In his hands, was something he clutched tightly onto.

Uncle Zilong's vision during last sunday's worship.
He saw a cage. A man was release from inside. He saw the man walk out of the cage, and then back into it again.

All these visions, they all are linked together, and if you would want to know the link, please find me cuz your interpretation would also be welcomed, especially that of the juniors CG.

And in addition to that, there were still impressions and stuff... like my gosh, there's so much to say. But i'd stop here. But it was an amazing experience and an amazing event that happened. Thank God for it really. I see it as a start of God's hand moving in the MM youths!

The cell, in short, was terrific. Why? Cuz God's anoiting was upon it. Thank God for all He has done, all He is doing and all He will do in my life and in the lives of those around me. Amazing grace indeed!

Thank God a million.

Word of the Day; 10:25 PM