Sunday, December 10, 2006


-Please press the stop icon at the toolbar of this website before you read on if you don't want distraction when watching the show-

-You can also let it load first while reading- =)

Well, I guess everyone who reads this blog knows that I've been to the leadership training camp, so here's just another thing to share with everyone who wants to hear.

During the LTC camp, Pastor Jasper showed us this video from YouTube, and I really thank God for the whole experience and lessons learnt through the video. It’s really an extremely touching true story, and it's meaningful too.

[[ To all christians out there ]]

A prelude to the short film

Dick and Rick Hoyt, father and son, are also known as team Hoyt. Rick Hoyt had been paralyzed from birth due to the umbilical cord getting wrapped around his kneck when he was borned, which caused a lack of oxygen to the head. When he was given birth to, the parents decided that they would keep the child and raise him up as any normal kid, even though he was paralyzed.
Rick Hoyt is unable to move most parts of his body, but the parents realised that he was a child, capable of being aware of the surrounding happenings. He uses a machine that is connected to his head to key in words into a computer to communicate with others.
He continued with his normal education, and eventually, he went to university. At his university, there was a running event to raise funds for a basketball team player who became paralyzed during a game. Rick Hoyt decided that he wanted to take part in the race, and the father agreed to it. And although they came in second last, Rick Hoyt felt that it was the one time that he actually felt like any normal kid. From then on, Rick Hoyt and Dick Hoyt has been participating in several triathlons and such, and here's a video of team Hoyt.



I really wanna thank God. Cuz while I was watching it, I coulden't help but notice how pitiful the son was, how useless and despised I felt he was. And then I saw the father, so determined and so strong. So loving, and I pitied the father; ''what a foolish father'' I thought. What a stupid thing to do!
Then immediately, as the show went on, I suddenly realised that hey, I'm actually that paralysed kid sitting there. Unable to do anything, dispised by the world, spiritually dead and destroyed. But yet, our heavenly father still chose to watch over me and carry me upon his shoulders through life's races...
tears just kept falling at that realization, as I thought how marvellous and how great God's love for us is. Praise God, for I'm Rick Hoyt whom even I dispise, but God chose to pick up my brokeness and carry me forward.
And even at the last part, PJ was saying how Rick Hoyt raised his arms in triumph when he finished the race although he hadn't do anything. And that's what our heavenly father has done for us, He has ran the race for us, and in Christ, we too can celebrate the victory though we have done nothing at all. Amazing grace, amazing love! There's a saying that God will help those who help themselves... but the fact is that God helps those who cannot help themselves, for those who can don't need God.

Praise God that He is a foolish father,
that He would help such a wretched person like me.

Word of the Day; 9:41 PM