Saturday, January 13, 2007

One week of project serve has passed and time just seems to be flying by. Project serve has really been an eye opener for me and I never realised how enjoyable it is to work with like-minded christians majority of the time towards the common goal of spreading the gospel. And although working in SYFC has been a demanding experience, and will continue to be, the joy of being able to reflect back on a meaningful and memoriable week gives much strength for me, personally, to press on and persevere.
The week had been mostly ''SYFC open house'' as stated on the timetable, but intergrated into the week had been secondary school orientations to befriend and contact youths to reach for Christ. Of course, there had also been several training lessons which were mental diarrhea, but with no doubt what so ever, absolutely necessary and exceptionally helpful when applied. One thing about listening to long sermons in church and stuff is that it's extremely easy to forget what you've learnt and not apply it for the week, cause it takes hardwork and sincere determination to apply skills learnt. But since that's not usually the case, I compliment on SYFC's immediate hand's on approach to inscript the skills learnt and lessons taught deeply into our minds through application.
Not to mention that the things you actually learn during the project serve period is just fantastic. Besides the great looking and sounding SYFC ethos, or ''ethical undertakings'' although I would prefer ''philosophy'' as a subsititute word, and all the random admin and orientation stuffs introduced to us during this week, everything, every second, has been a learning experience for me. Like for example, when we went to Woodlands Outreach Center, learning about youths at risk and the different approaches and techniques taken by Youth Guidence[YG] and Youth Guidence Outreach Service [YGOS] had also allowed me to reflect upon the different youths at risk whom I personally know. Not to mention brainstorming and learning how to make the gospel relative to a young person is priceless. And indeed, SYFC has not only not exclude my reason on joining them, but infact surpass my learning expectations of them! Hopefully I would be able to relate to my own church ministry and continue to apply these truths I've learnt from the past week.
In addition to a meaningful, educational week, it has also been great fun to serve at SYFC! Like there are sports and games for us to unwind and let us know each other better. And I thought that the introduction to Parts was awesomely fun and entertaining! Inspiring in a way too! Hahaha. Wow, the dance and music was fantastic. I must say God has provided a large pool of multi-talented people, not just talented as such, but MULTI-talented.
And above all, the week has helped me focus more clearly on my purpose here on earth, as well as on God, helping me differientate between the grey areas. Everyday I'm learning something new, but now I'm being more aware of it as I'm more focused on the RIGHT focus, thus helping me commit the things I've learnt to memory. And I must really thank MM for all the training and exposure it has given me, cause the school orientation was so very like MM youths and by God's grace, everything went on pretty smoothly and sucessfully! Thank God!
I've also gotta mention how GREAT it is to spend time with this bunch of SYFC project servants... wow! I'm not regretting I joined! For someone who's considered somewhat introverty, I'm really liking them a LOT a lot!
An area I thought could be improved on was the delivery of the word though. Like to project servants I mean, cause I found it slightly confusing. But I also realised in the process how useful and clear Pastor Jasper's messages had been! Constantly find myself refering to the lessons taught by him during the leadership training camp! But I guess they compliment each other as the LTC's word was more generalised and thus clearer whilst SYFC's had been more specific to the point of examples. So I really thank God for all the pre-training He has given me to sort out my thoughts properly. Starting to miss PJ too though. His church is like right beside emmanual house, but I guess he's super busy.
Still, my one concern right now would be street E, but even then, it's a minor concern. =) By the grace of God everything that has been done, is in the process of doing, and will be done will be a new experience with new lessons attached! Thank God that He's a sovereign God! Which reminds me, I'm looking forward to the Romans Trail! Is this what they meant by joy in reading God's word? Is this the strength that paul found through the joy of the Lord? So much to learn! So much I have had yet to know! So much more things to type... but it'd be irrelevant to most people reading this I suppose, and kinda confusing too. So I guess I'll just stop here in effort of not boring out any considerate readers who'd actually read to the end. =)
God bless then!~
the joy of the Lord is my strength!
Word of the Day; 10:11 PM