Saturday, September 29, 2007

My 100ths post. I'm quite surprised it took me this long. Perhaps I don't blog as much as I impress upon myself. Well, it's in the middle of mid course and i'm blogging. Aptly so though.
Just a brief review of the week, GP Chinese Econs and Maths are down. Math's a definate gonner. Hopefully I'd manage to scrape GP and Econs though. Two very volatile subjects for me.
Wrote about ''Science should only have noble intentions'' Discuss. Don't know whether my discuss went well though. Slightly fearful that i'd go way outta point. Was banging on Science and Religion the day before the paper, so I guess I'm kinda lucky.
Still, I wrote that it doesn't matter whether science shld or shldn't hv noble intentions since with humanities' imperfect knowledge of nature and of the scientific process, it'd be impossible to determine what the outcome wld be. So thus, heck care the intentions.
Besides, noble intentions are relative to each individual, so to the terrorist it may really be noble for them to create an atom bomb and wipe all the ''Western oppressors'' from the face of the world. I'd personally think their argument is pretty noble and justified. Considering how America passed the gun law, infringe on their own consititutional law of liberity and freedom, human rights (Cause they actually torture the terrorist. Terror against terror.) and they actually have laws that limit the building of mosques. As The Economist says, it's ironic how so many westerners complain about how hard it is to do churchplanting. Well they shld practise what they preach.
Besides, also from The Economist, isn't it better to have people gathering at open places of worship so that it'd be easier to detect and crackdown on any extremist rallies? As I forgot who said, (some russian president? I dunno. Topdog though) its garages and underground areas where secret places of worship are held. So true. Like as seen in the China Christians to the terrorist cells. Of course the main difference is their purpose, and yes I'm an advocate of Christ, but not Christianity though. (Thus, it's nt cuz that i'm a chirstian that i'm an advocate - instead, it's cuz Christ saves! Like seriously man. No kidding)
Looks like i'm deviating from my topic on America. Actually it was supposed to be on my week and how it's been, so I guess I've d2y/dx2 - ed. Oh, and not to forget, America, specifically texas, has and spastically high amount of captial cases. And their looking into passing a bill to entitle child rapist to be part of the deal. How utterly... *speechless* The American Dream indeed. Look at what a great country it shaped.
Apparently the Bush's administration is falling apart. 3 fataliaties so far, with Gonzella's being the next in line. Don't know whether I spelled his name correctly though. But with the mess that Bush threw himself into... I do wonder how he's gonna get out. It'd be fantastic if he does. A historical moment of achievement to commend and commemorate American's idioticity and ability to shrink responsibility. And gosh I think I'm turning Brit. Must be all the house.
Well, all this is just a testimony to how much useless crap I read. I mean seriously, who CARES? My readers are probably all lost, and if not, then they know that I'm just a perjurer and a impersonator. But that would mean that they read useless crap too. Nyah.
Is this like an example for the humanistic zeal for more knowledge and power? Perhaps. After all knowledge is power. For me though, i'm getting a clearer picture of why I study and the purpose of it all. Some people say it's to glorify God with your results. But then that wld mean if you scored like crap, your not glorifying God and your not doing God's will. So you'd be stressed out to perform, which really seems like a lionized version of a more pragmatic secular ''push to the top, be the best'' ideal.
But Ee Han (My illicit supervisor from SYFC =p) really taught me something that caused me to embark on this quest of self discovery in the first place. And that is that God doesn't really want us to focus on results, but rather, it's the character and the process in which we work to study that really glorifys God. Afterall, as mentioned previously, if we were to work and focus on results, make prayers like ''God help me pass my promos and score well'' only(keyword), then we're not much from any other secular non christian are we? What difference is our motivation and manner that we live our lives different from others? Cause if we focus on results, then ultimately, we'll manner of living will be the same trite, banal and insipid chionging of studies, and our motivation would be the exact same ''be the best'' motto. Having said and kept in mind all these things, i've been praying and will still be searching for my purpose. I never found a reason or motivation for me to study really. But i'm beginning to realise that perhaps, for me, the purpose of me studying, and the zeal and rush for knowledge, is really so that through the process, I can grow dependent on God. A totally radical and mind boggling reason isn't it? Spastic some would say, cuz who wants to be dependent! Well, on a God that never fails you, I do. Afterall, humans do make mistakes and love to have someone to depend on.
Okay, now i've went from d2y/dx2 to unsolvable. That the pattern I took for my maths exam anyway. Ironic huh. Totally flunked it. No matter, there's still two other subjects, chemistry and biology, which I'm gonna work hard for! And I shall continue to put all diligence in shaping a Godly character, as 1peter says. Very important prespective changing verse. (ref top)
In this world that is increasingly growing more complex and knowledgable with the advent of science, technology, philosophy and a general step towards progress, a bizarre pattern of vehement money grabbing is taking place. And morals are failing, societal systems decaying into a putrid masses of individualistic selfish communities that are in a strange way, (or maybe not so) acceptable.
But seriously. Who makes money in a Gold Rush? The people who makes the picks and axes.
(The Economist)Now, assume we're the idiots. Who benifits? Satan of course.Our lives by nature, are but a series of vain battles that leads to an impending utter defeat, lest we think we are self sufficient.So who's gonna come join me in fighting the good fight of faith?
Word of the Day; 1:45 PM