Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back from the temporal blogging hiatus! Last time I posted was like last month. I must admit that I'm just getting lazy and if I don't update, my blog will soon become a grungy abandoned collection of past memories. But then again, I guess that's what blogs are for.So I decided to update now before I go OBS! tommorow. Yay! I'm sure it's going to be great fun. This would be my second time and thus I'll ensure that past mistakes like not taking pains to keep my face clean will NOT ensue. Have yet to pack my bag though, but let me first recount my past week.Well basically I've been blading and going out a lot this week. I think rollerblading is becoming a fad in my circle of closer class friends. That would make them all faddist huh? Haha. But yeah, their all buying new rollerblades! I however, cuz i'm so economically marginalised, have gotta continue using David's blades. But their pretty good actually so I shan't complain. =x Glad that the holidays are finally on the go. My promotion to JC2 was really a fluke though. But I'm glad I made it although I'd have to put a heck lot of effort in my studies. Basically if you drew a graph of my results, it had been S, U and E till CA2. But with a ton of effort, I managed to scrape 2Cs, a D and a E(chem!). Maths was a gonner as usual. U-ed throughout the year. Omg larhs. But oh well, shall attempt for another miraculous stunt as in secondary school. By God's grace did I jump from a F9 to a B3 for Amaths in 3 weeks for O's. But I'm sure gonna be working hard this time around. Enough of empty dwaddle though - gotta start acting.Got a couple of nice Hillsongs CDs from Abraham today. Also did a little rockclimbing at Emmanuel House and had a whole lot of meetings for one reason or another this week. Like for watchnight service, camp and etc. I must say that today's sermon had really deep subtle insights though. Funny preacher too. Shall reflect. But I still do wonder what God's will is. It's a deep struggle, and no one really seems to understand. Maybe it's because no one really bothered asking. Plus, I'm a recluse. If only I could find somebody my age that understands... I'm beginning to feel like Elijah again. Save my church God. Save your church, your youths, your people. That is my the cry of my heart.I've come to realise more and more, that many many people who profess to be Christians, advocates of Christianity and Christ, aren't really Christians at all. And the parable on the sheeps and the goats keeps resounding in my mind, cause it's implications are more than I've imagined. How distressing and hurting it is to be able to see, but at a lost to do anything. I feel like a bounded person behind a glass panel seeing my loved ones inflict mortal wounds upon themselves - yet smiling happily back at me, oblivious and blinded to the fact that there are vultures and worms all around, waiting for their deaths...Something that spoke out to me during yesterday's cell, ''To whom God reveals much, God expect much.'' And for today's sermon? Not to be caught up in busyness. How? By having solitude, and looking to Christ in everything.Oh. And I wonder why there's church politics. The most Godly people, elders of the church, leading examples and a supposed paradigm to the people of the church - etched in politics. That is something that I cannot understand. And it's everywhere.Perhaps we have all forgotten the Great Commission. Is that not the one sole purpose that all of mankind have? Then why do we not work towards the common goal as one.And maybe, the word Love, has become a cliché and Christianity has become nothing than a worldly societal construct and identification. In what way is the manner and motivation of our christian living different from the world? Instead of influencing the world, the world's asphyxiating grip on society has begun and already deeply penetrated the Chruch. Will we all go to hell? Is the Church just a place of congregating and agglomeration of Self Righteous, egocentric people putting a 24/7(perhaps less) facade? Lost and desperate people are nothing but a tool to construct their own selfworth, a sanctuary of morals. Good, morals are. But if the pillars of the Church were to be defined and identified by it's noble morals, then essentially, the Church is nothing but a group of well intentioned people placed upon a pedestal.Good, but meaningless. The work of God does not lie in mega congregations, loud music, nor jumping people. Instead, it lies in the valleys of strive and dryness that leads to a Godly character and a heart for the lost. What matters is not the results, but the character.Words will always be words, and if overused, clichés. Theories and knowledge by itself give rise to fundamentalists. Feelings are but a temporal social construct, as is everything else. Everything is meaningless, everything will one day fade away. So while we're on this world, we have 2 choices. Run after the world and it's meaningless pleasures that are shortlived and die when you die, or discover eternal truths that last for eternal glory.The fundamentals of a Christian? - To understand the basic of the Christian faith. Having the truth discovered in God's spoken and written words, and penetrated into the heart, then translated into practical applications and actions.
Word of the Day; 10:26 PM