Monday, February 18, 2008

Hmm. Its 3.13am on a monday morning and I'm posting. Kinda nice though. I can hear the silent hum of the computer and every key i type resounds back to me. Technically the only reason why I'm awake is cus I kinda just woke up not long ago from a 8 hour + sleep after I reached home. Really very tiring to have to wake up so early in the morning and refrain from sleeping after yesterday's late night at the chingay parade.
But anyway, I went for chingay yesterday! Not a bad performance, with all the colourful costume and themes that they had. I'm starting to appreciate the arts even more than I thought I would have. Usually I'd just appreciate the arts sitting infront of the TV, which reminds me, I slept through the chingay show today!.. yesterday. But chingay was surprising fun and being there in person really brings forth a whole new experience to appreciating the arts. Maybe that's why people go for plays and such, like notradame, cus of the whole experience although you've probably gotta strain your neck to get barely half the quality view or performance as on the prerecorded ones in DVD format. Anyhows yesterday was fun, though a totally waste of time too. Good company though.
Unfortunately, we didn't get to see suxian nor her curse of the golden flower section of the procession. Apparently she was supposed to be part of the finale performing some dance item, (Ballet?) but we got too impatient to wait for her at the esplanade area. In the end we toured around the esplanade after 2 hours or so of watching the chingay parade (photos coming up ltr!) taking photos and watching the things esplanade performers had to offer. There was this trio or quarto doing a string performance on the cello, violin and some other instrument which I can't seem to remember what it is. Very nice and soothing I must say! oh and the puppeteers in their singlish, hokkian and other dialects and slangs mixed together in a uniquely singapore rojak way was pretty funny too! Haha. really really funny. Tried to video it, but it was too dark so I decided not to bother!
All in all, the esplanade is actually a pretty nice place to be at. Very memorable. As for yesterday (sunday), I can feel and am sure that God is guiding me back to Him through all the small ways, the series of events that happened throughout the day. I can only be thankful that there's such a God that loves us so much to remain faithful although we're so unfaithful. Amazing really.. this will probably be one of the experiences that allows me to re-understand and re-commit my life back to Him in a way personal and unexplainable, yet powerful and momentous. Well, I shall stop here and do my QT for the first time in a long time during this cold quiet night. =)
Lord I come before you know with bended knees and a heart, worthy of nothing but your Grace, given freely and unconditionally. Thank you dear Lord.
Word of the Day; 3:13 AM