Saturday, June 28, 2008

I think Lifehouse songs are nice. Got them from Abraham. Hahaha. Don't worry, I only took the songs, didn't mess with the rest of the files inside. :x
Anyway, I just read this article from digital life about some researcher that instigated the notion that violent shooting video games aren't actually all that bad. Or in other words, my whole Project Work on the detrimental cognitive effects of violent video games on youths today has just been absolutely refuted in one article.
eh I never believed that violent video games wld ever cause all those ''negative cognitive effects'' and stuff. And all the crut about social skills becoming dysfunctional... tall tales! Maybe that's why I got a B instead of an A. I'm still extremely sore about that. -.-
Anwyay, look! I cooked my own lunch.



You knw, its times like this where I really appreciate the small things in life. The sunny sun shining brightly outside, smiling and showering its yellow beams through my balcony's window, the smell of bacon and egg fresh out of the pan, a cup of icy apple juice. (I knw it sounds like i'm having breakfast, but its actually branch.)
And its times like this where you really thank God for all the little things and big things that He has done in your life. More so, it helps me truly appreciate God for who He is, all the care and love that He has poured out unto my life that brings purpose and meaning to the void within this human carapace of mine. So I say, what really matters is what's on the inside.
Ultimately though, the greatest lesson that I must learn from this, is to be constantly satisfied and contented in Christ. Then truly everything else will fade in comparison. ((:
Yet another beautiful and meaningful poem by Hopkins; (with the help of sparky) This time it captures the notion of inscape that defines each of one us. Not the mere individuality of it all, but rather the synergy of the whole man, from the most insignificant notion or thought that has ability to conceptualise to the mechanised preset response that is provoked of us - and how ''the essential, distinctive, and revelatory quality of a thing'' comes meshed together to direct our thought in contemplating God.
I really do believe that all humans have an innate ability to know God. Not just that, but also a longing to know God. After all, where does the intrinsic capability to do good and uphold morals originate from? In an increasingly depraved world, I can only conclude that all are intrinsically capable and intended to know God for morals have yet to nail its coffin. Thus ''inscape'' as depicted at its whole by Hopkins.
Poets really ARE wonderfully expressive and amazing people. To have the ability to encapsulate an abstract notion into a sonnet... WoW. Truly limits that begets possibilities, precincts that begets revery.
"As Kingfishers Catch Fire, Dragonflies Draw Flame"
Complete Text As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies dráw fláme;
As tumbled over rim in roundy wells
Stones ring; like each tucked string tells, each hung bell's
Bow swung finds tongue to fling out broad its name;
Each mortal thing does one thing and the same:
Deals out that being indoors each one dwells;
Selves--goes itself; myself it speaks and spells,
Crying Whát I do is me: for that I came.
Í say móre: the just man justices;
Kéeps gráce: thát keeps all his goings graces;
Acts in God's eye what in God's eye he is--
Chríst--for Christ plays in ten thousand places,
Lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not his
To the Father through the features of men's faces.____________________________________________________________________
Go to: Sparky for more information.
http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/hopkins/section5.rhtml
Word of the Day; 3:03 PM