Friday, August 08, 2008

Gosh I'm totally wasted... Been a really shagged week. But at least there's some sense of achievement. Oh A levels.
As if that's not enough, I'm constantly being plagued by so many extra issues. I have no time nor effort for these things. Juggling the tons of homework given, especially for chemistry and economics, tuition, catching enough sleep and my church duties that I'm increasing neglecting yet hard pressed upon as a drummer, worship leader, youth leader and as a friend, I hardly have time for myself or anything else. Sometimes I wonder why I'm working under this plethora of stuff seemingly unrelated. Sure it diversifies, and might even serve for the good in the future, but to be a jack of all trade and a master of non?
Then again, it really doesn't apply cus ''not by my strength by Christ alone''. Dr Williams is a real inspirational figure, but the greatest motivational speeches are still those that one can relate to - and have a passion for just as he said. More than that, what gets me going is the knowledge that God's a Sovereign and mighty God. Why do I choose to believe in God? Cause its the only truth there is. And knowledge of truth, real concrete compelling truth, will speak the mind, touch the heart, and activate the will. The will to act and effect positive change in one's life.
That's the one thing that my life hings on. Otherwise, I would be totally aimless and merely living my life through a void chasing the meaningless things of the world that ultimately amounts to nothing.
Which brings me to my point. Why do I find myself doing precisely just that? Oh this effy little thing called love. True love however isn't selfish. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; who then, can admit to loving perfectly when perfect love is not known to them? God is perfect love and without God, it is impossible to love others.
1 Corinthians 13
The Greatest Gift1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,
and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
.
.
.
8 Love never fails.
But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
.
.
.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Is love important? A resounding ''yes ''ensues. Do I love? Definitely. Is it important to me? Of course! Why?..
Cause I've found that the one thing that truly lasts and is of value is love. But how warped has the definition of love become, overtly displayed as sexuality, lust, emotions, feelings and glazed over by Hollywood. - and their trashy values of laissez-faire pleasure seeking.
Cus I tell you the truth, when physical intimacy begins, depths in knowledge and getting to know the other person stops. This is why love should be preserved and kept in its purest forms. Call me a purist, but I'd rather be that then get caught up in mindless self gratification. And again, this is why friendships are so much better then BGR at this age and time. Age of modernism and popular culture set in a urban backdrop of an overly protected and strawberried youth community. Trust us to make rational and responsible decisions. Hoho. Which is why friendship is really the best. Too many friendships has dissolved from this involvement in physical intimacy, which essentially is what BGR is
part of.
Confused? Simply put, the latter does not equate to the love defined previously. But we
think it does cus it
feels right and
nice. Oh the volumes it speaks of my mind. Lets stop beating the bush (and its leaves) and get ''To the point!''; which is that friendship is so much better. Love in its best form is really found in friendships I've realised. Without all that fogged up feelings and emotions lying thru their teeths, ?(if they have teeth) perhaps people would finally see love for what it is. And really, that's the kinda love I would love to see develop in my relationships with all my friends out there. So hey, I love you 11A. ((:
But anyway, let me act emo okay? Cus I'm bored and want some excitement in my life.
But infact, what we all seek for is someone to care and love us for who we are.We lifecast, we blog, we splatter our insignificant lives on the Internet -- all in hope to find someone that understand what it's like to be me.well, God knows.

What do we buy into? The fickle quotes that reflects our whimsicals of lovely dovey escapist life that make our hearts flutter emptily for a moment,or the truth of God breathe Word that shatters all that we once establish and built ourselves upon - but effects real life changing truths that challenges the very lifestyles we live? Yet it is the only thing that holds value - and purpose - in a increasingly mindless society.Disclaimer: This is a theoretical piece of writing.
Word of the Day; 1:26 AM