Friday, December 19, 2008


Better than the riches of this world, better than living the life that I want to, better than getting what I say I need, that's just the start.
Better than the sound of my friend's voices, better than the love anyone could give, God's love is.

What a wonderful camp. Like seriously speaking, I've really learnt a lot of things from this camp especially that I think will be able to stick with me for my life. Life changing lessons they are. About how meditation is a noisy affair, and a personal lesson for me about how I've been seeking the human and fleshly nature concerning both everyday life and in God's work. Just to explain the latter, I realise for myself I've been seeking more for the experience to coin it a good camp/talk/session or whatnot. But now I realise that there's something that surpasses it all, and that's prayer. Cus for me, it wasn't so much an emotional camp and Holy Spirit moving that really makes a there and then huge impact like the ones I experienced in CS retreats and last year's MM camp and the likes of it. It could be that I was possibly disconnected from God this time, but I feel very refreshed and just optimistic and positive about life now. And it wasn't an emotional camp!

But I realise that God has opened my eyes to see that what's important for God's camp and even for life itself, is that we are to become prayerful men, cus although it wasn't all powerful and moving in the emotional sense, it was a powerful camp in other ways undoubtedly. For example, we had 3 new believers! And indeed the whole of heaven is rejoicing. The camp people, though few, were totally different from previous camps cus they were all optimistic, spontaneous and eager to share God's love. Indeed God's love is so powerful, and what korkor Su min said is so true about recieving God's love and using it to love others for we cannot give what we do not have. And I can only say that I see the love of God and the work and grace of God working throughout the whole time in the camp. Amazing grace! And how wonderful and refreshing it is to see people united in heart and singing praises to the Lord almighty.

There too freedom in Christ, no fear, no oppression, no chains. And so I cast my sins and burderns upon Christ who by His stripes has healed me and praise Him, committing my life to Him once again, not for my glory or for self centeredness, but for love sake, for Christ's name. Its really wonderful the camp. The weather too was great, and I give thanks to God for the perfect, for indeed it is perfect, weather that He blessed us with. When we had outdoor sports, the clouds shielded us from the sun, it was cool and windy, and it didn't rain. Contrasting back to how the weather in Singapore is always hot for the half part of the day, rainy for the second, its by God's merciful hands that kept the weather perfect for the camp. And we give thanks and praise to Him.

A wonderful camp. Wonderful wonderful camp that has my faith up and running the way it should as a normal christian. What sidney shared is real, and the life that I had been living without God's power, thinking that camps and retreats are merely momentarily spiritual boosters is totally false. Cus then the battle of the mind would have been lost and we'd yield to the devil's lie. Instead all normal christians should live powerful, faithful and above all, love filled lives that is God centered and God fearing. And again I thank God for His amazing protection for all the campers, from injuries, and taking the devil's plans and turning them around for His glory. This I have seen, first hand, how God is able to take something seemingly horrid and turn it into something that bless people, something that is good. I hear that being spoken many times, but now I realise the true meaning of it, and the awesomeness of Jesus, the title of Christ, our saviour.

Praise God for all things, and may I continue to yield to His goodness, His love, and keep in His path of righteousness, not straying to the left of the right. Pray that I might be a good sheep following closely to my Shepard's staff.

All glory to God

Word of the Day; 5:15 PM