Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello again blog! And anyone who still comes to this blog. I'm reading this great witty book on behavioural economics, and I think that is essentially what I truly want to do! I only have a vague idea of what sociology and political science is like and it seems to fit what I want to do but to my utmost surprise, its behavioural economics that really interests me. Really unexpected, or maybe its just because my idea of economics is the usual macro micro demand & supply ad/as that school teaches which is kinda narrow minded of me cus now I realise economics isn't bounded to just that! Or maybe behavioural economics never dawned on me before, but who would have thought that it exist!
Anyhow the book is called predictably irrational by some Jewish burnt lecturer, which is great since Jews are awesome smart and successful people. (not merely a sweeping statement) So go buy and read the book cus its really great! Got 2 more weeks before getting confined on tekong island, and I was pretty excited and positive about it, but as it approaches I think I'm feeling kinda scared as well. I don't know what to do with this two weeks though. For some reason the thought of rotting at home before army just doesn't seem really appealing but I think I've lost my purpose in life during this long long long 4mth+ holiday since A levels. As the fuzz and buzz dies out with all the pretty glittery lights and distracting music, all that's left behind in the end is a nutshell (without the shell). And efforts to inject some form of ecstasy into my life has been largely fruitless and perhaps made things worse as it shows just how desperate and irrelevant I've become.
I really do want to do a social experiment though. But inactivity and girl avoidance, my two favorite past time as I learnt from scatch, and procrastination probably would get the better of me again. Egad. Anyway I got this off some personality quiz.
Who is your true self: You like privacy very much because you enjoy spending time with your own thoughts. You like to disappear when you cannot find solutions to your own problems, but you would feel better if you learned to share your thoughts with a person you trust.Weird that I'm feeling exactly that way now. I feel like disappearing and become a recluse yet want to find somebody that I trust and can share my thoughts and feelings with. Problem is, I don't think there is anyone whom I can approach who understands me. And even if the person understands me, I might not approach him or her cus I wouldn't want to bother that person with my problems and long periods of not talking does wonders for making things awkward. The BIGGER problem though, is that I don't cope with personal problems very well.. like I'm probably the least qualified person to deal with my own problems.(oh the irony) Ouch.
Which is why I turned to my trusted blog! I found out that blogging and the likes of it is a place where we HOPE to find someone out there who is like us. And that's the reason why we plaster our private lives online, all in hope of finding someone who understands us. But of course, hardly any human does unless you spammed your private life to the whole online community instead of your circle of friends which means blogs are also useful for another thing! (or it means your a nut with lots of online stalkers on your tail if you did the above) To channel pent up feelings out, like a dairy (or like a valve) and to conscientiously think through and realign your thoughts. And after that, we can all become recluse again cus there's no need to ''feel better'' since you would be better already. No more pressure to find someone to talk to although I know I still should anyway. Booger.
_ _
'Oo`
Word of the Day; 8:23 PM