Tuesday, October 20, 2009


Okay. So my first sortie went as bad as it could be. I like totally lost it to murphy during my first flight, cus except for the ground and domestic procedures, everything in the air was cui. Totally blanked and stoned out. Seriously man, flying in a small CT4b aircraft is SCARY! Almost died at the 40 min mark. How I know? Cus I was like looking at the ADF timer and going, omg, 40 min only!? Like woah, the instructors showing me the effects of controls almost killed me. I think I was airsick maybe. Like woosy. Didn't realise until I came down, at first I thought I just sucked. Maaaaaannnn... luckily he didn't pull any aeros on me or else I'd probably die. But basically GH1 was a mess up (fortunately ungraded) and I totally could not do anything after the engine started up and even after I landed. Couldn't taxy straight, couldn't think straight and in the air, I was even thinking ''omg maybe i'm just not cut out for flying''... but good thing our seniors say that that's normal for the first sortie. Apparently its normal to screw up for the second sortie too, cus its the time they pile loads of multitasking crap on you and you just can't cope, progressively feeling more and more demoralised (esp with chan) until you do everything also cui. But it's already a test, so my GH2 which is tomorrow, God help me, give me the skills and the sit awareness and the ability to keep it all together in mind and procedures. Learning curve is like climbing a 80degree slope which means a heck lot of hardwork and drudging yourself up that seemingly infinite incline. An ironic analogy, cus before you can literally reach the sky, you've gotta climb up there first. Its not all glory for pilots cus they don't start there. Mostly we start at ground zero, or sometimes negative 1. And I haven't eve n mention the ground and admin work that we have gotta do ontop of flying and studying.
x.X Stress.
I do so pray that I will perform for sortie 2 tml.
Mental fly.

Word of the Day; 7:13 PM