Sunday, March 14, 2010


Yay IT fair was pretty useful cus for once I made a purchase. Got a razer mouse, which is pretty cool and all. Really like it alot. I anticipate longer hours infront of my laptop now. lol. Okay so I'm back from Brunei. definitely not going regurgitate everything on Lancer, cus it'd take forever and I still have that journal to write where I'm going to spill every thought I have on. Homework... But anyway, I think I've kinda changed after Brunei. After JCC in particular. They say true colors all come out during JCC which isn't totally wrong. But I think that spending everyday with your OCS mates, you can more or less tell what character a person has, and JCC just reaffirms it. So there isn't like any awesome discovery or anything, but its really sweet that my tango people are awesome. JCC really made me appreciate and really bond the whole tango together. Really saw some true colors. But good true colors, like the amount of sacrifice, effort, thought and the nobleness that some people put for the team and for others. Truly, I see a great difference between the various types of people and readjusted my stereotypes. For one, I conclude that although rare as gems, there really are other selfless people who will do all things for others. Not only found in church or exclusively for Christians. In fact, I see quite the opposite cus comparatively, majority of Christian youths can't hold a candle up to that person. Eh to put it simply, it really doesn't freaking matter whether your Christian or not. Good people of mettle are made of factors outside the Christian context, although church might emphasis more on those factors. But ultimately, character is an individual thing.

Another thing that I've been strongly reaffirmed about is that one must always have a positive can do mindset and be thankful for everything. Seriously, Singapore is such a creature comfort place. But when your thrown into the Brunei jungle to navigate and do your survival phase through that 9 days with 1.5 days of rations, one begin to appreciate the small things. Rather, the non materialistic things, cus there really isn't anything to be materialistic about in JCC. Not a joke JCC. People start to appreciate other people, character and stuff. And I start to see the importance and the fact that in the end, what matters is really the individual's attitude and etc. Its all these unseen and not manifest-able types of things that really counts for much. But I seriously doubt many people see that, and even if they advocate that they do, its a totally different thing to appreciate the extend of character and the importance of it. Unless you've went through real shit and hold a +ve mindset throughout. And yeah, always be thankful for whatever whenever you can. I must say though, I'm uberly blessed. Surrounded with great friends, blessed with sufficient money and etc. Really really blessed. And for all Christians, be thankful always cus it not only makes the situation better, but also because we ought to be. Cus logically speaking, if you have faith in God and that He's a Sovereign God, than ultimately whatever you go through is the best at the moment, so there's nothing to be unthankful about since its ultimately going to be for your benefit. And trust me, if your thankful in all situations, you'd realise that God indeed is faithful and will always surprise you with providence and everything. Thing is, how many of us actually really trust in God eh.

Well, I don't think changes in mindset can be aptly described in words, cus it'd be like trying to explain JCC, close to impossible. Mindsets are like experiences, impossible to relate and explain in words unless you've went through the same experience. That I guess is why OCS cadets will share a special bond that will last for life. But anyhow, I can safely say that through JCC, it has really shewn me things that has matured my thinking, which is great. But having said that, not everyone that got the JCC badge are good or deserve it, just as some who didn't get the badge could not have deserved it more. It all comes down to character. That truly is what JCC, and life, is truly about. To sharpen ones character and values as well as to spot accurately the characters and attitudes of others. To read what people mean, not what they say.

Perspective friends, life is a giant window of opportunity for learning.

Word of the Day; 5:35 PM